Affirmations (or mantras) can be a good pick me up when you’re feelin’ crappy about yourself, your body, and those 20 pounds you think you need to lose.
They can work wonders in shifting all the negative crap that keeps repeating in your mind.
I used to think affirmations were lame and cheesy, but I’ve shifted my perspective in the past few years. I love that they work on a subconscious level to re-vamp all the critical things you tell yourself on a daily basis.
So keep these 7 affirmations to love your body handy when you need a good pick me up (bonus points if you pick one a day and recite it for a week!)
1. Yes, beauty really is all in the eye of the beholder! You are so much more than your body. For real.
2. This one speaks the truth. You are a unique, beautiful person. Don’t believe me? Try saying this 5 times a day for a whole week and see how much your perspective around yourself changes.
3. The key to letting go of judging, berating and criticizing yourself? Accepting yourself in this exact moment. Not for the rest of your life. But just for right now, in this moment. It’s those little mindset shifts, moment by moment, that add up to big changes.
4. Sometimes, all we need is permission. Go ahead…look at all the things you DO like about yourself. It’ll shift your view to start to notice what’s right about yourself 🙂
5. It all begins with love and kindness. Lasting change never comes through punishing and hating ourselves. Give yourself some sweet compassion. It’ll shift everything.
6. Trust and fear. Two big words that come up over and over in this whole “body/food issue” thing. Learning to let go of your fear and replacing it with trust is how we begin to live our lives FREE from obsessing over food and weight 24/7.
7. This is my favorite affirmation of all time. I say it to myself when I’m doubting myself or feeling insecure. Close your eyes and whisper this one to yourself. Feel it within your heart and every inch of your being. This hits at the deep core of truth: you are enough. Without changing, fixing, or doing anything else.